RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba radio repair
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 09:43 AM
AirmanBob
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 8U may be out of production but it is still basically the same as most new radios, it just does not have the fancy lcd screen. A good radio repair person should have no problems working on an older radio or a new radio.

You provide support 'as long as possible'? What is it that makes it impossible to support a product that Futaba built? Its like saying you can only fix 2014 Fords but you can't fix a 2001 Ford. It doesn't make any sense.

And now, the person you say can fix older Futaba's no longer has time to do so. So why don't you find some one who CAN fix older Futaba's since you choose not to fix them.

Yes, I can buy the switches, but they are mounted on printed circuit boards and require a lot more soldering ability than the average modeler cares to attempt.

It seems to me that since Radio South is so slow to repair Futaba radios that Futaba owes it to their customers to take up the slack and get back to repairing what they sell. You never know, it might encourage me to buy a newer Futaba...maybe.

Bob