RCU Forums - View Single Post - "team redcat" added to redcat racing
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 07:49 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
Thank you for posting that saved me a bunch of time looking as I knew I saw that truck before.

Almost thought I came to this date from the past, and saw the future
agreed, thanx for the link. It does indeed look to be the same model. Not surprising really that the first of their new line should be a rebranded model. I cant say I know anything about the quality of that model...but the servo alone does point to redcat trying to offer some better stuff. Anyone who has had a redcat likely will agree that their stock servos are poop.

I would hesitate to spend $450 on a redcat (other than their 1/5 scale models) but then compared to a emaxx/revo/savage brushless model $450 is still cheap. Each of those trucks is at least $200 more.

I think the "team redcat" models is supposed to refer to higher-quality models (and higher price point) rather than to "racing" models. That said, redcat would benefit if they offered some models that people could race at their local track. I know a few race the hurricane, but none of the 1/10 scale models are really good for racing. They still have yet to offer a 1/10 short course truck. And as mentioned, a 1/10 buggy could sell decent if it were good for racing. Imagine if they could get the rights to sell a rebranded RC10 B2? (which is what the thunder tiger 1/10 buggy is)

Im hoping that future "team redcat" models will be designs only redcat has rather than ones sold under a few different names.