RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fms f3a olympus !
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 07:31 PM
pshark101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pattern_is_Fun
Pshark - also, if you can, look closely from the front of the plane to the back - does the fin look centered or is it a leaning little to the right? I'm looking at this close now - and if I line up the center glued section where the canopy sits (front of canopy and rear of canopy) - then sight backwards, the fin looks to be to the right - and this may be an illusion as the center of the fuse may not be the seams. When I look at the bottom, the fuse looks straight - but I'm trying to figure this out. My tip-of-fin to end of the back of the stab measures15" on both sides - as close as I can measure - which tells me the fin might not be off - but all my measurements for alignment start at the fin and work forward - so if it's off, it throws off all other measurements.
Mine appears pretty straight. The canopy base in general may not be perfectly level, so that might not be an absolute reference. The horizontal stab on mine is level with the wings, but if I put a level on the canopy base as you did the stab is off a couple of degrees. That being said, yours does look way off, by quite a few degrees. That stinks.