RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 06:59 AM
Pepperpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
I'm assuming you tried the receiver software that allows an R3 to act as a trainer interface so what didn't work about it? Were you unable to get the R3 to bind to the trainer interface in the DS16 ? Did it bind but you couldn't control the gimbal ? Did you try connecting it to a simple buddy box to try to debug the interface ? While I don't have a head tracking unit to test this against myself, I have helped another Jeti owner setup as a trainer interface using an R3 and have it act as a buddy box. Unless I'm misunderstanding the something, it seems that it should be a very small step from that point to getting a head tracker to work. Still, I've offered to help with this several times and made several suggestions and have received absolutely no feedback other than it doesn't work. Still, this has piqued my interest enough that I think I'll see if I can find the parts to wire up a trainer cord so I can connect a spare R3 to the DX6 that I keep around to fly UMX stuff. Like I said, if that works, I see no reason why it shouldn't work with a head tracker but of course if someone has done this and knows of a reason why the head tracker still won't work I'd love to hear about so I can avoid wasting my time.
Wayne I wanted to say thank you for the help that you did offer. It's very much appreciated. In fact the users on here have been amazing!

PLEASE NOTE the jack itself worked fine for dedicated PPM OUT once it was installed. I was able to hook the radio up to my sim no problem. It could not be used for PPM IN at all with no option to change it that Espirit could find. Which is required for the HT. In fact it would not detect any PPM IN at all from any source. I had taken the time to install it, drill holes in my radio, just to have it not work and have Jeti USA constantly say I'm full of crap. So now Jeti wants me to drop another $100 bucks on yet another piece of gear and can't even prove it will work in the first place? Seriously?

Remember this issue came out far before the R3 update. The R3 connection probably works but I need proof before I send them another cent. Is that asking too much? I'm sitting here wondering how far I want to take this. $1840 Cad + shipping and customs charges, and additional money to track down a cable that they wouldn't sell me because it's not CSA approved (it wasn't cheap overseas). This is far from a small amount of money. Then having to make my own custom cable for an interface on an R3 to work with a stereo or mono plug is another pain in the rear but is doable.

I love this radio but would never recommend it for anything other than Jets or Heli's. It sure doesn't fill the role for everyone. At this price it dang well should.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 10-26-2015 at 08:21 AM.