RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 09:35 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
Wayne I wanted to say thank you for the help that you did offer. It's very much appreciated. In fact the users on here have been amazing!

PLEASE NOTE the jack itself worked fine for dedicated PPM OUT once it was installed. I was able to hook the radio up to my sim no problem. It could not be used for PPM IN at all with no option to change it that Espirit could find. Which is required for the HT. In fact it would not detect any PPM IN at all from any source. I had taken the time to install it, drill holes in my radio, just to have it not work and have Jeti USA constantly say I'm full of crap. So now Jeti wants me to drop another $100 bucks on yet another piece of gear and can't even prove it will work in the first place? Seriously?

Remember this issue came out far before the R3 update. The R3 connection probably works but I need proof before I send them another cent. Is that asking too much? I'm sitting here wondering how far I want to take this. $1840 Cad + shipping and customs charges, and additional money to track down a cable that they wouldn't sell me because it's not CSA approved (it wasn't cheap overseas). This is far from a small amount of money. Then having to make my own custom cable for an interface on an R3 to work with a stereo or mono plug is another pain in the rear but is doable.

I love this radio but would never recommend it for anything other than Jets or Heli's. It sure doesn't fill the role for everyone. At this price it dang well should.
Ok, this makes much more sense now, I thought you were saying the R3 solution didn't work and since I've helped someone getting working as a buddy box I was certain it does. I wasn't thrilled with the idea of drilling a hole in my transmitter to access the PPM connector either so I never tried it. It was a while ago that I helped setup an R3 to work as a wireless buddy box and I don't recall the details. I will reproduce this using my DX6 and a spare R3 that I have and document the steps needed to get it working and post them here.

There is one caveat with using the R3 as a trainer interface and that is that you will NOT be able to use dual path in that model as you will need to use one of the RF sections to talk to the buddy box / head tracker. If you want a redundant receiver you can of course still use a satellite in clone mode which will provide the same antenna diversity that dual patch does but without telemetry from the clone receiver. If that is not acceptable, let me know as there is no sense in trying to get this working but it that's Ok, I'll be happy to try this out and give you the steps you'll need before you purchase anything..