RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 09:38 AM
Pepperpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Ok, this makes much more sense now, I thought you were saying the R3 solution didn't work and since I've helped someone getting working as a buddy box I was certain it does. I wasn't thrilled with the idea of drilling a hole in my transmitter to access the PPM connector either so I never tried it. It was a while ago that I helped setup an R3 to work as a wireless buddy box and I don't recall the details. I will reproduce this using my DX6 and a spare R3 that I have and document the steps needed to get it working and post them here.

There is one caveat with using the R3 as a trainer interface and that is that you will NOT be able to use dual path in that model as you will need to use one of the RF sections to talk to the buddy box / head tracker. If you want a redundant receiver you can of course still use a satellite in clone mode which will provide the same antenna diversity that dual patch does but without telemetry from the clone receiver. If that is not acceptable, let me know as there is no sense in trying to get this working but it that's Ok, I'll be happy to try this out and give you the steps you'll need before you purchase anything..
That shouldn't be a problem Wayne and thanks for the help. Seems to always be some give and take with the Jeti System. I love the signal stability which is why I kept the radio. But wow they don't make it easy sometimes.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 10-26-2015 at 09:41 AM.