RCU Forums - View Single Post - BV's letters to AMA and FAA
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 08:25 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jfetter
That's a little harsh, seems everyone says that when they get mad but I assure you, without the AMA, we'd be royally screwed! Also, who else is going to step up, a lot of big talk from a lot of people but when it comes time to put up, most say nothing or help in any way...

Jack
No I am not mad. I just don't understand what would be the need for them once all this legislation goes in to place. If the FAA and Government will not let AMA be the govern body for the hobby then what is the need for them? In the past we have always followed the rules and regulations that AMA put out. I understand that is wasn't law but is was look at as just that. That would keep you from civil issues if you followed them.

Now there rules are not as important because the FAA gets make the rules and regulations that soon to be a law. If they move forward with their proposal it appears that you not allowed to fly anything above 400ft. That is going to bepretty much the end of the flying anything bigger that a small foam park flyer.

Shouldn't the AMA be petitioning all the members to contact out state representatives to let them know how its paying members feel about this new perposal? Or is everyone wanting these new rules?

I have been a member of the AOPA for 10years and they have been more involved with FAA and been on the pilots side in helping overcome all the new regulations since 9/11. I have not received anything from AMA asking to contacta government official about this issue.