RCU Forums - View Single Post - BV's letters to AMA and FAA
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 08:51 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ
I personally look at AMA like other insurance companies. they congratulate you for getting the new car and then raise your rate! AMA needed the modelers. But now they think that they can make money from the drone people so the modeling and modelers take the back seat. From what I heard, within AMA, most West Coast officials are for the modelers and the support for UAV / Drones is by east coast team. Like everything else, should they not listen to the majority of modeling members, they will find out about their error when it is too late as no UAV / Drone member would ever have the passion that we see in the modelers. Today drones are cool so they jump on that and tomorrow will be the Hover Board.
This is the point that Bob and others like myself are upset about. Just because the Quad and FPV are causing the issues the modelers of the past that have been paying dues are not being representated or seperated from these rulings. That is where the AMA should be trying to support it's members.