RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Kadet MkII build
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 05:36 AM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

I like to define a centerline along the hinge-line with a tool as shown in first pic - it will give the exact C/L regardless of thickness - within reason. Second pic shows some beveling tools that are commonly included in Goldberg kits. Third shows beveled edge using bevel sanding tool - it will give uniform bevel even on bowed stock. All tools can be fabricated using common materials. Plastic tool has a scribing point located midway between the two pegs. As Tom C. says below as well as mfg: one should position EZ/CA hinges in both flying surface and control surface before applying fresh, water thin CA - you can use a pin pushed through the center to keep the hinge from pushing too far into either side - then pull it out when CA has set.

Internet is full of bad advice and I don't condone the following behavior but I've cheated and folded the EZ/CA hinge in half both directions to create a crease to define hinge-line center and placed in one half, applied CA sparingly right at union to "tack" it in place - one side only - capillary action pulls the CA in - been concerned I contaminated other half before finishing the job but have never been able to pull parts apart at least with brands I've used so far...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2651[1].JPG
Views:	185
Size:	1,023.5 KB
ID:	2128568   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2652[1].JPG
Views:	134
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	2128569   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2653[1].JPG
Views:	133
Size:	977.6 KB
ID:	2128570  

Last edited by H5606; 10-31-2015 at 02:19 PM.