RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 11-02-2015, 04:24 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Apparently you did miss out on the discussion, because the program isn't about MR and quads within the hobby realm. What is singled out, for inclusion rather than exclusion, is a class of UA that does not exist, and likely never will. Hanson says of them and this program "There are threats to AMA out there, and those organizations are looking to step into this ‘gray area’ opportunity which is somewhere between the true recreational modeler and the other end of the scale (that AMA is not interested in) the true commercial operator. Someone is going to fill that gray area."

FAA doesn't have a "gray area." As every GA pilot knows, the demarcation between recreational and commercial operation of an aircraft is black and white and the line is minutely detailed and rigid. The only thing gray about this marketing scheme to bring in the commercial UAS operators' $$$ is the smoke and mirrors of the pitch to both the target community and internally to AMA dues paying members that are paying for it. Six members of EC were possessed of half a brain each and voted against it. The others plus the president couldn't see past the lipstick on this pig.
Here's a challenge for you: Cite one example of these programs that have been cooked up by paid AMA staff that produced anything that benefits modelers.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, especially to folks who comment from the safety of a screen and keyboard. It's miraculous that they are always able to get it right, if only they were there, they would have known what to do.

I'll pass on the challenge thanks, at this point I'm fairly certain the only thing we would ever agree upon is the fact that nothing I could put out there would be agreed upon. Just more fodder for useless argument. The decisions were made, albeit by the ".. Six members of EC were possessed of half a brain each and voted against it. The others plus the president couldn't see past the lipstick on this pig..." Amazing that this crew can get anything done I guess.