RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spectrum
Thread: Spectrum
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 08:45 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Sorry, I'm not getting what you're asking. Can you draw a picture or something? I don't understand how the centerline of the plane comes into play.

My tx has two antennas, 90 degrees from each other. One is always horizontal (the one in the handle) but the other could be horizontal or some angle. Aren't tray users the only ones with their transmitters laying horizontal?

Sorry, but I'm really not getting where you're coming from (or where it's going).

Thanks.

Andy
I don't understand how the centerline of the plane comes into play.
The when the antenna is aligned to the Center line (Horizontal axis) of the model i.e. level with the ground when sitting on the ground.

Explination:

If a Xmitter Has two antenni then it stands to reason (to me anyway) that one should be oriented Horizontally (The handle) and the other the movable antenna should be oriented 90 degrees to the handle, i.e. vertical. I would not have asked the question if it weren't obvious (to me at least) that most Spectrum users orient their Single Antenna to the right and horizontal to the ground. Why would a tray user orient the antenna anyway but vertical.
I would think A vertical Antenna Emits a signal that seems to the RX that it is stronger because of the signal propagation of a (Stick) antenna. I suppose it is OK to orient an antenna horizontal to the ground if one turns their body and radio toward the model. On the other hand if Like Pattern and Imac fliers they stay facing front and turning their head, when he model is farthest away The Antenna being horizontal and pointing at the model, The RX is seeing the weakest possible signal and while at it furthest distance from the Xmitter. anyways that's how I thing it works. Am I correct?