RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE 20 drops rpm after 10 sec idle
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rzingsheim
This #4 ignition module sounds like what I'm experiencing. The plane is in my storage unit at this time. This weekend I'll check. If the weather cooperates I'll get some RPM readings. Where do I look for the #4 mark? Where would I find the 8.4v mark. I'm almost sure I can't run higher than 4.8v with this module because I recall I couldn't run a 6v pack to power it. If I do decide to change it, do you guys have any recommendations as far as brands go? Thanks again for your help.
Both the operating voltage and the model number will be on the ignition module wrapping sticker. The #4 mark was often just an ink stamping on the sticker though I have also seen it be a paper sticker.

Any later Rcexl module will work just fine as will the excellent CH ignition recommended by All Day Dan. Just be sure the one you get has the right plug end to fit your CN-6 plug. You can buy Rcexl ignitions from most any source that sells engines. Valley View RC comes to mind as does Tower Hobbies, etc. just to mention a couple. The Rcexl is probably the most popular ignition in use these days,

The RCxp line of ignitions is also a good choice and they are available from RC Extreme Power at this web site. With the correct connectors, all the ignitions mentioned here are directly interchangeable.

http://www.rcextremepower.net/