RCU Forums - View Single Post - R7018SB Warning
Thread: R7018SB Warning
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 08:42 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I posted about this same exact thing on FG. It's not practical application for a large 3D plane or large jet with lots of equipment.
Originally Posted by Eddie P
I've read in multiple places, perhaps not Futaba's own words, that the consensus was the traditional high servo count, high power servo setup would absolutely depart from the design spec of the receiver to use it's native bus to power all those servos. This is still just a receiver. Powerbox, Smart Fly, other power distribution electrical bus absolutely required in the applications we mostly see in RC jets (let alone the bigger jets common today).

The receiver was set up as a self contained, redundant setup for "traditionallly" sized aircraft without having to feel like they should resort to a 3rd party redundant high power distribution board and then there was the list of advanced capabilities it has that many won't even know what they are or how they would benefit us (me included). I bet a P-60 sized sport jet would be fine on this alone but I still would use a Smart Fly board, myself!!