RCU Forums - View Single Post - Galeb G2 - new jet made in Serbia
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 12:31 PM
mirce

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Thank you Ali for nice words. Comments here and likes on Facebook are great motivation for me.

Few years ago, when I start with posting projects here (Meister P 47, Ziroli Hellcat, Ziroli Panther...), my idea was to show how I build models, and I hope that someone will recognize my skill and order to build him a model.
But, story went to other way...

Because I have vinyl cutter machine I start working on my sets for scale finish, Mirce Finish set, Detail sets, rivets & screws, panel lines, etc..so my building show how nice and scale model surface can be...
I made many, many sets which was sent all around the world...

In meantime I must find new challenge for me, I love to build, so Galeb G2 project is that what preoccupies me now.

As I told many times, my idea is to show how I work on this models and hope that after successful maiden flight and flights after that be able to offer kit for this jets.
I'm sure that around the world modelers, like me, want to order and work on traditional wooden build jet model.
For now, I'm on first step in building, work on wooden parts, soon on both Galebs will be apply filler, than glass cote, filler again, details, paint and last step install set up in the model.
You can see, that I everything prepare now, because working paint model can be problem. When model have paint on surface, only work is install servos, turbine, and other systems...

Now I must again excuse on my bad English. Because that I put so many pictures. They worth 1000 words...

Few small steps and center panel will be fix on bigger G2 fuselage.
But before that, I glued last few balsa plate on the bottom side. I always try to fit parts as much it is possible, to have later less to sand and aligned...

Without glue...

Than white carpenter glue & pins...

When glue dried, sanding...

Connections are smooth, believe me, acrylic filler almost will be unnecessary.

Same was done on other side...
Here you can see wing construction, landing gear plate, balsa which give right angle and 3mm basla "skin"...

I add template for inner gear door. That door will be made from 0,5mm thin aluminum plate and operate with pneumatic cylinder.

Doors from main landing gears will be from three parts, middle will be fix on retract leg, and outer will be connect mechanical in middle door.

On surface where is just one balsa layer (3mm) I add one more plate. That edge is much stronger, without adding any weight.

Before putting center panel on fuselage, I must glue first rib of lower fuselage construction. That rib is important, because that rib leaned on fuselage. You can see, leading edge, under rib, is sand also. That give bigger reclining surface...

On rear side story is same...

Tomorrow I'll made wing saddle, install bolts and screws for center panel fixing and after that I can aligned and glue elevator.
When elevator will be in its place, next is rudder...
OK, I must leave something for next "episode"...

Regards

Mirce

Last edited by mirce; 11-10-2015 at 12:36 PM.