RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skygate C-ARF L39 build thread and virtual manual
Old 11-11-2015, 03:51 PM
MSSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys
Contrary to what is said here most European kits are fat from being ARTF. The CARF L39 is no exception. It is incomplete for many reasons. Mine had airbrake supplied but not cut out in the fuselage. None of the air intakes were cut out and their parts supplied were not even painted. It would be much easier to cut and paint the parts at the factory.
There are still no instructions for the cockpit assembly after such a long time since the kit was produced. I had to introduce to fuselage formers to bolt the cockpit sides. See image. This is far better solution than the velcro temporary job. These formers hold the the equipment trays at base of the fuselage.
The tank tray had to be modified drastically to fit in place and to hold the tank properly. The canopy glazing should have been done at the factory for an ARTF kit costing so much. The canopy should have the front part fixed to the fuselage for such a scale kit.
The diameter of the thrust tube is too small to fit the engine cowling and too large to fit the rear tail fairings. No matter how much you cut or sand the fibreglass parts.
Again for a scale kit of this calibre the side nose door should open to give access to batteries and some equipment. This is my fourth European RC jet kit. They all exhibit serious shortfalls. Some on quality and mistakes. Other on lack of completeness. Please let us not knock the Chinese manufacturer as I see often on this forum. They supply far more complete kits and at good value.

Mssa
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	L39Formers.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	2130154  

Last edited by MSSA; 11-11-2015 at 04:21 PM.