RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 07:26 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foodstick
Every time I hear about drones being shot down I keep thinking what would be the ultimate NON lethal round to use. Remember the gun someone built that shoots a net? to entangle the person.. real low range and probably not gonna work. Then I was thinking maybe a hollow fragile round the size of a golf ball that breaks open with lots of strands of string in it. Sort of a low tech tangle weapon.. I bet a quad hates getting anything string like into its airflow....

Anyhow its just sort of a ( HOW TO ) logic puzzle or challenge every time I think of it.

We have joked at the field about having one of those NET guns for the helis when they get to close or over the pits....

One of my greatest fears is a cheap jammer will be built that can bring any rc down. I admit I wouldn't want people able to simply drive by an established field and take everyone out... I know it happened in the past on 72 mhz.. I would hate to see our 2.4 radios vulnerable in the future.
Try a shotgun with bird shot. It will not kill anyone if you don't shoot it at someone at close range.