RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 04:03 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't sound to troubling at first glance.

"......The rules approved by the City Council Aviation Committee set extensive prohibitions on where the drones can legally fly. They create no-fly zones of 5 miles around O'Hare and Midway airports. They also prohibit the devices from being piloted over churches, schools, hospitals and any other property not owned by the drone operator without the owner's consent, or "over any person who is not involved in the operation of the small unmanned aircraft, without such person's consent."

With recent high-profile incidents of a drone crash-landing on the White House lawn and another one of the craft sweeping over the heads of attendees at Lollapalooza in Grant Park, Ald. Edward Burke, 14th, said the council is trying to strike a balance between protecting people from physical harm or having their privacy invaded, and keeping Chicago a welcoming city for the cutting-edge technology......"

Sounds perfectly reasonable. They still afford an opportunity for some flights to occur after securing a permit. I'm guessing the permit will confirm appropriate insurance is in place. I also like this part too...for dealing with the outlaws:

"...The proposal, which heads to the full City Council later this month, does come with teeth. Violators would face fines of $500 to $5,000 and up to 180 days in jail...."

Want to fly over a sports event and crash into someone and hurt them....get ready for some stiff fined and 3 hots and a cot for 180 days.