RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best Buy ad for Yuneec 4K drone with FREE AMA Membership!
Old 11-12-2015, 04:20 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TimJ
It is a big deal. The corporation (AMA) should be able to separate and show in the financials where their money is coming from. If I was running the corporation I would want to know that break down in order to act quickly if their happens to be an up or down tick in revenue. The corporation has several different revenue streams. It would be unwise to not be able to distinguish where the money is coming from. I'm sure on the back side the accountant is keeping track of it. We the members should be worried about this too. Especially those that are BODs at a local club.

Past performance is sometimes a pretty good predictor of future performance, within reason of course. I don't think there has been any huge uptick or loss of membership or revenue, at least not that I recall seeing in prior financials. They have decades of data to look at and calculate within a reasonable degree what is coming down the pike. The CFO shares his thoughts via the MA mag, check out July's column for instance.

Sure, I guess it would be nice to have every number for everything we want available a click of a button, again, I personally don't see the need for it, but I get that some do want it. Fair enough.

I'm not sure I follow you on the local BOD comment though, how do you translate the lack of this data, or the worry factor, as something that would translate down to a BOD level? I don't think the clubs I've belonged to or been involved with as an officer have ever been concerned about this? Not saying it's not something to worry about for you or your club, hence the question.