RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best Buy ad for Yuneec 4K drone with FREE AMA Membership!
Old 11-13-2015, 09:46 AM
TimJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Past performance is sometimes a pretty good predictor of future performance, within reason of course. I don't think there has been any huge uptick or loss of membership or revenue, at least not that I recall seeing in prior financials. They have decades of data to look at and calculate within a reasonable degree what is coming down the pike. The CFO shares his thoughts via the MA mag, check out July's column for instance.

Sure, I guess it would be nice to have every number for everything we want available a click of a button, again, I personally don't see the need for it, but I get that some do want it. Fair enough.

I'm not sure I follow you on the local BOD comment though, how do you translate the lack of this data, or the worry factor, as something that would translate down to a BOD level? I don't think the clubs I've belonged to or been involved with as an officer have ever been concerned about this? Not saying it's not something to worry about for you or your club, hence the question.
I am thinking along the lines of a pulse of our community. Concerning membership retention, regional and national. Reaching out to people with a kind hand and asking questions if they don't renew. That small amount of data could help clubs and the AMA in several ways.