RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can I put a Tower Hobbies trainer 40 wing on a Goldberg eagle 63?
Old 11-14-2015, 06:41 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the wing has a single center mounted servo system and it could also be the "monkey motion " linkage that goes outward to each aileron that is binding. Sometimes additional wood needs to be removed to "relieve" the area where the linkage pivots to get full throw. In either case, I would exercise them as Tom suggests, even going to the point of forcing them to move with muscle power and if they break before they get to enough movement, SO WHAT, you're replacing the wing anyway so no loss. Kind of a do or die for this wing. Work the ailerons back and forth by hand till they either move enough or break, nothing to loose. If you can see that the linkage is binding on the wood use your hobby knife to remove material as needed. BTY, I have also said "no more used used airplanes", but then another hot deal comes along and I put my rose colored glasses on to inspect the plane, buy it and then find out it's more of a project than I realized. Welcome to the club.