RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 11-15-2015, 12:56 PM
shaun the sheep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi gents. I realize mishaps are to be expected but developing the co-ordination required for 4 channel flight this late in life is not coming easily, as most older fliers have been flying for many years and time honed skills are often taken for granted. If I take out 2 models and, flying and landing them sedately (both foam type trainers,1400 span)
I can now expect to bring them home in one piece and still reasonably airworthy. If I do do them some harm then it is not the end of the world as they are rather patched up anyway. I take the point about keeping material costs down etc and would like to build planes again sometime but not until I am satisfied that I have enough experience and confidence.
I see Hobbyking being lambasted (and defended to some degree) on another thread on here but to be honest, I have had around 44 transactions with them, including half a dozen planes and haven't really had any serious problems, though I might just be lucky. Considering my steep learning curve (and I do use a simulator) it would have cost me a lot more money to get to even this stage had it not been for the low prices of Hobbyking products.--Wullie.

Last edited by shaun the sheep; 11-15-2015 at 02:32 PM.