RCU Forums - View Single Post - WAKE UP AMA. Another field closed!!
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 01:54 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Astro, I'm not Anti Drone either.
I just don't see the urgency to get the AMA involved with FPV style flight until the smoke clears and the government has established rules to control the inevitable abuses that were to be expected.

If the AMA leadership has / had no COI or ties to the toy plane industry in any way, I think we might have seen this whole scenario handled much differently.
There is also a prevailing Belief System being spoon fed into the masses that we must embrace all new things as being "Progressive" and that "Progressive" always equals Good.
Common sense and good judgement are left on the back burner as one example of inept, corrupt and incompetent leadership after another are paraded before our eyes on a daily basis.

There is always plenty of time for the AMA to incorporate FPV style flight AFTER the lines that separate what sets AMA Flyers apart from rogue drone operators has been clearly defined and indelibly etched into the minds of our law makers and of the public.

One question that the AMA leadership should be asked is why they felt the urgent need to dive in before the "Coast was Clear". I would not expect an honest answer to that, nobody there would admit that they wanted to clear a path ASAP for their Buddies in the Drone Industry.
The coast was never going to "be clear", it was either be involved or not be involved. Not a great choice. If one is wondering why reps from the AMA don't come on here and answer questions, the above is a probably one of the reasons.....cynicism. Why bother asking a question when it's already clear the answer isn't going to be accepted. And now a conspiracy with AMA leadership and drone companies? Wow.