RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 11-16-2015, 06:33 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

You guys got it wrong you don't crash you are merely making space available in the hanger. My wife never asks me what something costs and doesn't want to know. I trade a lot and always pay cash out of my discretionary fund. She know the fund exists but never asks what's in it and might ask to borrow some once a year. She does point out I should consider selling something when I run out of storage space and want to build a new airplane. She ignores the stuff I stash under the beds and in the spare bedroom closet as long as I keep it neat.

My R/C budget just dropped over the weekend and retirement looks like it won't get any closer for a while. Wife's car reach the point of no return it was going to cost more to fix it then it was worth. Momma got a newer car Saturday and I got the payments. Still she had a 20year old car with 171K on it and that she drove for 9 years so I can't complain. I bought her 2012 Certified Pre-owned (comes with a warranty that way) with 21K on it. At the rate she racks up mileage she won't need another until she's 79. Should let me off the hook for Christmas, anniversaries, and birthdays for a few years.