RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 1/4 Scale P 18 Super Cub
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 10:20 AM
185skywagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ozief16
Sky wagon,

i added the the pics of the cowl cutout for the FG-30 and they were the last post on page 74 (previous) so head back there and take a look. If you'd like pics of something specific let me know and I'll take it down and snap them. Those were taken with it hanging in the garage

Thanks very much ozie. Your cub sure looks remarkable. I'm not a fan of the stock standard scheme as there are too many around so like how people such as yourself have done a good job changing it,- good inspiration. Although I think your engine / cowl install is very tidy, I'm thinking now leaning towards the vvrc, because I see no matter what, when the motor is hanging down the famous air filter on the cowl has to go ! I would really like to keep that if I can.

Originally Posted by althepal88
I changed the graphic colors and N number. My exhaust stacks were cut so that the cowl comes off easily and you only see about a 1/4 inch of each exhaust pipe. Power to spare and I only have a max of 3/4 throttle opening, still fly mostly at 1/3 throttle.
I would also like to change the N number and graphic color. Did you simply re cover ? I'm thinking maybe of masking and painting, not sure if I'll get away with it, would probably need a paint that will dry quite flexible. How did yours turn out ?