RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 11-22-2015, 04:41 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Well wait a second there......SOME of us Northerners fly every days of the year One of our clubs best events is our frozen finger fun fly, Jan 1 of each year. Don't know if I mentioned but I sent a grant request to the AMA for individual solar powered heated huts for each member of the club to fly from, but I never heard back from them. You would think with all that money and property and that highfalutin museum they could have thrown me a few thousand dollars, after all, I pay dues. Rumor is they have stockpiled gold bullion in the basement.

Ha, ha, you snooze you loose! I submitted my application the second the submission window opened and my grant application got approved! That's right, approved! Not only that, we got approved for the deluxe model huts that include air conditioning for the Summer months. We also went with the natural gas powered huts because we can't be inconvenienced relying on solar power on cloudy days. We made sure we didn't leave any stone upturned and even included the 1/2 mile natural gas hook-up in our application. Better luck next year!