RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 11:37 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
YI'll ask what position AMA took on the matter.

(a) Did they support modelers (members only, of course that's a given) that have supported AMA with their dues for many decades and argue for exempting fixed wing?

(b) Did they hold to their current marketing obsession and go with the "we're all in it together" shtick so as to not offend the droners?

(c) Did they prevail?

We'll have the answers in due time when the minutes of the task group are made available. I'm asking now to get insight into what was/is expected of AMA's representation of our interests in the issue.
I'm curious as well. The only thing I'd add is that we can give someone piles of money, and they in turn can argue to their heart's content, but that does not equate to being effective. They spent $1,000,000 of our money to get a specific result. They're spending more (amount unknown) to sue the FAA over that agency's interpretation of the language AMA requested in section 336. So they're spending more money to get a specific result (a win in court).

When this is all said and done, it'll be interesting to see how many people think those big piles of money would have been better spent doing something else.