RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 01:18 PM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hi CJ ,

Yes sir , they darned well should , and I hope they were , arguing for an exemption for "traditional model aircraft" based on only one criteria . And , no sir , I can't agree with you there , the configuration of the lifting structures shouldn't have been the defining criteria . The bottom line is that which separates us from the drones , which is , the whole LOS / Beyond LOS mode of flight thing , that is really what separates "us VS them" rather than the configuration of the aircraft itself . I say this because "traditional" model helicopters (of which I don't fly but there is an awesome group near me who does , the "NE Helicrew") aren't fixed wing , are flown LOS , and are just as traditional as our favorite old warbirds are . To me , it's just that simple , us LOS flyers aren't the problem and I hope that belonging to the CBO to get the "model aircraft exemption" penned by Imhoff (spelling ?) is all that's required to be considered "registered" . If that's as far as it goes , and in all fairness that should be the extent of it , then our hobby will remain virtually unchanged . But then , whoever said either the world or the govt. were fair ? .......
Hi Init, you'right of course, and I stand corrected. I was deterred from using "traditional model aircraft" by a desire not to bridge a concurrent vexatious thread into this one, but what the heck..........some folks will remain seriously challenged by trying to define "ham sandwich."