RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 11-23-2015, 04:53 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Good Day Gentlemen!

It's been a fair time since I last posted but a lot has happened in my life recently.

Having retired to rural France in June, I met a charming and very slim French lady, a real size 8, two years my junior, I'm sixty-seven and we fell in love! It's a powerful feeling at any stage of one's life but at sixty-seven it's even more intense because you may not get the chance again! I had given myself a year to find and buy a house and then perhaps to find someone to share it with, and suddenly I had it all without having to spend a penny! We talked about buying the house next door so that I could store my models, motor cycles and classic cars. However, after a very intense couple of months it all went pear shaped. Good job I didn't shell out any serious money but I did buy her some miniscule underwear which cost me hundreds! Good job too that I kept on the lease of the house I'm renting! Mind you, it was nice to be "Mon Couer" (My Heart) if only for a few months.

I don't know whether all of this has affected my flying but I only crashed one model in the whole of 2014, I've crashed four this year! A Foam-E WOT 4 through lack of routine maintenance; an Acrowot Foam and a Super Sixty through flying across the disc of the sun, getting disorientated and putting in the wrong signals and a Chris Olsen Uproar which has never been that stable. I suspect incidence problems. American modellers may google the names to see what these British models look like! My "copains" at the club have urged me to repair the Uproar's wing and they will help with the incidences.

However, as part of my self-imposed therapy, I've started to make a model of the first radio controlled aircraft I ever built.This was in 1980 or 1981 when I'd bought my first house and was going to lots of auctions to buy furniture. I discovered a St Leonard's Models "Gemini" in amongst all of the tables and chairs. It's a 49" (1.25 metre) wingspan originally designed for a small glow engine but I'm using the bits from the elctric foamies to power it. This is as far as I've got. The building of the wings will have to wait until a bulk order of wood arrives from England.I may build two sets of wings, one with the original dihedral the other with a flat wing.

BTW I've also been assembling an ARTF Chris Foss Acrowot. It's a very popular aerobatic sports model; most people use a 70 fourstroke in them but I've had much more fun building the little Gemini!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RIMG0052.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	2132043   Click image for larger version

Name:	RIMG0039.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	348.8 KB
ID:	2132044   Click image for larger version

Name:	RIMG0062.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	335.1 KB