RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 05:16 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by astrohog
he part that concerns me is how apparently little consideration was given to the AMA in the process. What happened to CBO status? The AMA was once a powerful lobby and (IMO) was the MAIN reason for being a member (remember the "frequency wars" with the FCC?). AMA insurance is secondary to insurance I already pay for, so that is certainly not a reason for me to be a member. The magazine is not that great, I get more pertinent, up-to-date and relevant information online for virtually nothing. Hmm....what's left?...NOT MUCH!!!

IMO, the damage that has been done to our hobby was done by lumping ALL (except for those under 250g!! LOL) sUAS together, AND that the AMA has seemingly lost the respect it once had in the legislative circles. SAD day, indeed!

Since these are just the recommendations set forth by the task force, it will be interesting to see what and how the FAA will actually implement.

Regards,

Astro
That pretty much sums it up. I think many thought the AMA was a "player" in all this but seems that was not the case. Were just little fish playing in a huge pond. Will be interesting to see where the AMA goes from here.

Mike