RCU Forums - View Single Post - 8th Scale Aviation's, "CzechMate" Short-kit, Group build
Old 11-24-2015, 01:33 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Reno racer, Czech Mate, has long been one of our favorite full-scale racers; and, Eric has been “chomping at the bit” for some time now to get his hands on a kit of this plane. His only concern is that he has nearly no building experience. My father-in-law began showing Eric some construction basics when he built the Stiletto that Eric flew to a 2nd place finish at the Warbird Championship Event a couple weeks ago. I promised that when Tim finished designing the kits, that I would teach Eric how to build from a kit. But Tim, living up to his reputation of offering great support with his kits, offered to make it easier for both of us, by demonstrating first-hand his construction techniques for building this kit, as designed. (I’ve watched these threads for some time now as he’s helped Jake and Airraptor with construction of their Me209 and Tsunami kits, helped Jim A. with his Ta152, and posted construction support videos, and assisted me with my P-51 “Speed Wing” design.) This also serves to give Tim some immediate feedback on his design, to ensure it is perfect prior to wider release.

So, Tim and “The Young Gun”, Eric, came over to my place on Saturday and we began construction on three of the kits . . .