RCU Forums - View Single Post - Stits Covered 1/4 Scale Cub
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 03:51 PM
piperjon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mate,

I have a 1/4 scale cub. Built in 2003. but a lot of work to finish the cub. Just been sitting around for some time and all bent and wings are the same. So I decided to build a 1/4 scale Tiger Moth by Duncan Hutson. I will be using the polly lite as it is great stuff to use. I tried a bit on the cub kit with the Sig "Stick-it" stuff. But found I could not stick over the polly lite. So I used dope test and found it worked really easy just on the frames and the elevator for the cub was so easy with dope the Sig's "Stick-it". You can apply heat in places to get a straight finish. With iron on film you can get the wings straight. But after a while they will need to be done all the time. Polly lite you only have to use heat once and then paint. I will use a white under coat which i have used before on a yellow plane. easy to see the covering with the white under coat. I only use a 2 pack paint which is no problem with fuel. Again I did some tests with Monokote iron cub yellow and found the colour get funny in places like a hot spot. But after a while the straightness would not hold with Monokote iron on. So I will stick to polly lite and do it the way I explained. The polly lite is much better and easy to use. I will not use