RCU Forums - View Single Post - Swing Wing Aileron Function
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2003, 06:51 PM
Tamecat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Swing Wing Aileron Function

I remember someone having a switch when engaged by the wing when fully swepted, stopped the aileron servo from functioning. I believe it was in a M.A.N. article years ago. I want to build an F-111 but the swing wing was a giant step for me. I had to learn how to build different planes and learn how things are set up and why it functioned the way it did. Like you, I over analyzed but I made different planes so it wouldn't seem so foeign when I build the F-111. The Tornado I spoke of will have all the things I learned over the years. (Flaps, Retracts, Swing Wing, tailerons but not ducted fan) To keep the project simple, I'm using a prop.

After taking a closer look at your design, I would suggest looking into pattern ships. If you cannot find on, buy a set of plans and make one. The Vulcan, RCM Plan, would make an excellent choice in terms of size and wing area. The wing is swept and made of foam core. The whole project shouldn't cost over $50.00. Now as for the swing wing, I'm still in the design stage. I'm reviewing different setups and trying to decide which is the easiest, lightest and strongest to build. Let me check my files, I might have that article.