RCU Forums - View Single Post - GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair
Old 11-29-2015, 01:00 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Took advantage of the great weather today. My G62 is on a soft mount.

Added 8 oz of shot to the ballast box. Flight 1 takeoff good and gear down flight good. gear up and the pitch up was reduced by 2/3 and trimmed out. The gear up flight was very good. Speed great with the 22x8 Xoar. loops and rolls good. Put the gear down and dropped the flaps at 1/2 throttle she started to drop so flaps up. Landed.

Removed the down elevator mix to flap. Programmed some down elevator to gear retract.

Flight 2. in level flight at 60% throttle pulled the gear up and she flew straight and level. No pitch changes. Inverted flight took some down elevator so I believe the CG is good where it it. Dropped the gear and reduced power then dropped 1/2 flaps and she landed slower.

Flight 3 Takeoff flight good no trim changes made flying the pattern doing Immelmann's and Split S getting a feel for the plane. Tried landing with full flaps and will need some work got a bounce.

At this point I think I sorted out all the issues for CG and programming. 28 oz of shot for ballast and the box weighs 2.4 oz. Just need to practice and learn the Corsair and practice landing.

George,
If possible please add me to the Corsair Brotherhood

Thanks for the help,
Pete

Last edited by Rocketman612; 11-29-2015 at 04:48 PM.