RCU Forums - View Single Post - skymaster pc-21
Thread: skymaster pc-21
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 04:00 AM
Fireflynightshift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Michael.

The set up and CG do it according to the Skymaster manual as they have it spot-on. I put in about 25%expo on Ailerons and elevator and 35% on Rudder, The nose wheel I put 45% expo on and she is very smooth in the sky. Take off I use about 10mm of flap and landing is 38mm as per manual. When taking off she will quite happily lift off at half throttle and I only use full power for vertical climb when flying. Also every flight I have found the turbine to be running better and get a 8 min flight in with a 1/4 tank left when landing. I am going to mod the gear doors cause the live hinge they have in is to weak and the door is very big. I thought of cutting the door down and just having the section where the leg is open and close and fix the other sections in place. I have asked Skymaster if there is a gear door mod but all the emails I send to them I don't get replies on and that's my only Hassel I had so far. I have a Skymaster A10 warthog, F4 phantom and a MB 339 and the MB has over 200 flights on and am currently repaying her. I enjoy the quality of these kits and they all fly very well. I would like to add a F104 to my collection still. LOL. If you need more information just give me a shout.

Have a great day.

Regards

JB