RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJCraft Episode
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 07:59 PM
Smooth Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qx jettech
Hi modelers,
I recently purchased the ARC version of the Episode from F3A Unlimited. It was delivered today and I am excited to begin the assembly and applying coloring scheme.
So I have a question about the Episode...actually several questions and will probably have several more in the future.
Anyway, in reading this forum I see that the "H" stab is preset set to "zero" incidence. My question is this;
Does the airframe canopy flange also measure to this same "zero"? and,
Does the zero incidence of the stab equate to the zero datum line of the airframe?
Thanks in advance,
Kerry
The information I received from Earl Haury, when I purchased one of his episodes, is that the zero datum line is the canopy flange like you supposed. He also said that the stab will be at "zero" when installed and screwed down. You should, of course, still check the incidence to make sure. In addition, he told me that the wing incidence will be set close or close to the desired setting that it really doesn't matter when the wings are installed and fastenend down. You will note that there are no incidence adjusters attached to the fuse, although I believe BJ may have started including them in the later versions of the ARF. I checked over my Episode when I got it from Earl, but did not change anything but the CG to work with my batteries and to trim out a slight pull to the belly on right knife edge. Earl is very experienced and dedicated FAI competitor and has many articles of interest on Brian Hebert's website, ckaero.com. Check him out, the man is a fountain of knowledge.

Sheldon