RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 08:59 AM
jatoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Originally Posted by combatpigg
Some fields just don't accommodate choppers of any kind and that is their call.

Your "Drone" ceases to be a drone once you ditch the camera and other non-essential gear so that you can enjoy flying it manually as a quadcopter [or whatever it is].

Then U fly your stick built creation with a Rubber band and 3 channel radio. That's just what U are saying to Progress. I suppose that if a young kids comes to your field and wants to learn with say an apprentice or one of the new planes with GPS and auto land U would run him off.

jatoRC;
Again these guys all don't like it cause they don't do it. Just let one of the
"IN CROWED" get one they will all to a man now believe it the greatest thing since control line. Most of these guys turn out to end up being Hypocrites when it comes right down to it. All the clbs I belong to (5) tere always a few that if they don't participate in it now one should. They complain when ever some one that paid the same dues as they get all bent out of shape over some one taking up too much airspace or what ever for 6 to 10 minutes. Every club has these types, and U know I'm right.
It's the same with astronomy. When the telescopes got GPS and computers for auto-location setup and pointing the old guard complained that people who used them weren't really astronomers and were cheating because they were using a computer and not manually positioning the scopes by "star hopping". Then there are the ones who claim refractors are better the reflectors, GEMs are better than forks, yadda, yadda, yadda. Unless you have what they deem is best you are inferior and you don't count. When I built my own automated remote controlled computerized observatory in my backyard that could be be controlled from anywhere via the interent the local club waned to know why I didn't want to be part of their little snotty click.