RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 11:21 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting situation where technology has once again outpaced our govt's control. The average person can equip a plane for at least 40-50 minutes of flight (I get 25-30 with a single 3s 5000mah) with long range equipment. 10's of thousands of feet up and over 20 miles in range. GPS, autonomous flight, multi axis self leveling, return to home, return to land, etc. It's pure awesomeness for a geek like me! All for a reasonable cost. And that was at least a YEAR ago!!

I would love to have the option to legally file a flight plan and fly long range. Unfortunately they are trying to work against us FPV flyers instead of with us. The pilots are not going anywhere, the technology is not going anywhere but up quickly and the flights are not going to stop. Check this out as an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wkBaY86ORI This was done OVER 2 YEARS ago!! I'm not condoning what they did, but I would be lying if I said I have not given some serious thought to this!!!

I guess all I am saying (as I have before) is that you will NEVER stop the stupid people from flying in stupid places. Not going to happen. Not possible. Think where we will be next Christmas.

One last thing; I see quite a bit of people unhappy with Model Aviation. Why is that? I think they cover lots of diferent stuff and I enjoy reading it as does my son (well, he looks at the pictures )

Sorry for rambling. I have not posted in a bit and just had some thoughts to get out.