RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you ready to register your aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 07:41 PM
N410DC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Muff3n
Forgive me if this was answered in the previous 80 pages, but how are these regulations even going to be enforced? Are we going to start having FAA examiners from the local FSDO sitting around the flying field on Saturday making sure everybody is registered? Are we going to start getting ramp checked by the FAA with our model airplanes just like full scale? I am afraid this simple registration is only the beginning.
Back when I was a probation officer, I requested hundreds of arrest warrants for people who violated probation. One of the Courts I worked with never ordered their law enforcement officers to search for, apprehend, and arrest these individuals. They simply waited for them to get pulled over for an inoperative tail light, or to have some other encounter with an officer (e.g. a call to the home for a domestic dispute) that prompted the officer to check and see if they were wanted. They then executed the warrant, which may have been issued years before it was executed. I think the FAA will employ a similar strategy; little to no effort will be made to "spot check" model aircraft, but they will certainly lay down penalties for failing to register the aircraft if there is some kind of incident.

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Actually an AC cannot make any demands they are only advisories. However I expect regulations to limit us to 400 feet or maybe less if Amazon has their way.
Perhaps. Then again, the FAA could set the 200' limit for commercial drones that are flow beyond LOS, and keep the 400' recommendation for aircraft that are flown within LOS, and solely for hobby/recreational purposes.

Originally Posted by joancmigneault
I'll register any of my "aircraft" with the FAA as long as I get an "N" number. If I have to jump thru all the hurdles & hoops the FAA want us too, I think I am initled to an "N" number.
I would rather have pay for one number for all of my aircraft, one time in my life, rather than having to pay for separate, unique "N" number every time build or buy a new aircraft.