RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio Shack Tsauro-X.
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 08:08 PM
nuraman00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Hi, and welcome to the forums.
My dear friend, what you have there is a toy. If your intention is just to make it go again and have a little fun with it till it breaks, well, that's about all you can expect, really. No replacement parts for them. That's the difference between a Toy and a hobby-grade RC.

That Tenergy battery would be fine, providing its dimensions will fit the battery bay's dimensions. The bigger the milli-amp-hour (mah) number, the longer a pack will last compared to one that has a smaller number.

As for what will last longer, the car battery or the remote battery.....definitely the remote batteries. They don't get as much drain as the car's battery. So no worries there.

Replacing your remote won't get you spins. You need power to do that. (WHY is that a priority anyway? Not exactly the most fun.) And I doubt that Radio Shack buggy has much of a motor.

If all you want out of an RC is giggles watching it do doughnuts, then yeah, get the other Radio Shack car. But if you'd like to be able to replace parts that break, you really should look into hobby grade stuff. Tamiya makes a Wheely-King and a few other models that are hobby grade, but made for shenanigans like you're looking for.
Hi EXT2Rob. Thanks for your answers.

My first priority is just to see if this works again. So I'll then get the replacement battery pack and charger.

It might be toy grade, but it was bought for me when I was young, 22 years ago.

As for being able to replace parts that break, are you saying that if I had a hobby grade RC, and let's say the tires were worn out, I could replace them?

I don't know anything about hobby grade RCs right now. I came here seeking help/advice on what I had right now.

But I understand what you're saying now, about there being another level of RC cars (hobby-grade). I do like the value of being able to replace broken or worn down parts.

Watching a video of this, the handling and maneuverability is impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7PFIIejyaQ
I'll hold off on buying the other Radio Shack car then. My thinking was that if I had 2, then when others were over, there would be enough cars for people to race or have fun together.

But I also don't want to spend ~ $200 on another Radio Shack car, when there would be a lot more benefits to spending $275-$300 on that Wheely King, for example.

My Tsauro-X was also about $200 22 years ago.

Hmm, I see a parts list here for my Tsauro-X:

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc10/10401.htm

Here's another doc I found online:

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc37/37342.htm

It seems like this has replaceable parts too (maybe they don't make them anymore, but at one point they did?). I'll call Radio Shack to see if they still carry parts, just for my own knowledge.

What do you see that makes this clearly a toy?

Also, you said that you need a good powered motor to do 360 spins. Why is that Nikko vaporizR in the video above able to do it? It seems like a small car.

To me, making a car able to do that just seems like it's a nice to have. It's not the main point, but if I were to get another car, it's something I'd like to have. Do you know of any hobby grade cars that can do it for sure?

Last edited by nuraman00; 12-06-2015 at 08:17 PM.