RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 12-07-2015, 06:32 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porcia83
You are correct, I think shops only got 8-10 bucks if that, Rcmike might know different as he works at a shop and they might have been part of that. If what some folks have said though is correct, that these people will never come to clubs and fly, never really be part of the whole club/ama thing, then I might venture a guess to say that this makes good business sense. Sort of like the guys at clubs that pay their full membership and only fly once or twice a year!
My Question is WHY? WHY would these DRONE (Quad) Flyers Especially want to join the AMA so they can pay some AMA Club MONEY for membership where they aren't really welcome by the O'l Farts flying TRADITIONAL Model air craft. Especially those that do DRONES with FPV. When U've seen one corn/bean field U've seen them all. Then there is the question of being told they have to fly a pattern with out being allowed to HOVER over the runway cause some O'L Fart thinks they need the runway for their high speed passes But everybody else can't do high speed passes over the runway because the club rules say all high speed passes will be done on the OTHER side of the runway. These guys don't need the expense and bother just to be regimented by any club rules.
I guess I'm just asking "What's in it for them?"