RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio Shack Tsauro-X.
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 07:49 PM
nuraman00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Originally Posted by nuraman00
I have a Radio Shack Tsauro-X. I haven't used it in 16-18 years. I want to see if it works.

I don't have the battery pack charger though, and think I need a new one so I can charge the battery pack and see if it works.

Pics:

http://imgur.com/a/meuGn/layout/grid#1

Some questions:

1. The battery pack is a Radio Shack 23-230 1200 mAh.

Can I replace it with a
RadioShack 7.2V 3000mAh?

If so, and I use 2300 mAh AA batteries in the car, will the battery pack run out last, since it is 3000 mAh, while the batteries in the car and remote are 2300 mAh?

Will getting a larger amp battery pack make my car run longer? I am also going from 1000 mAh AA batteries, to 2300 ones, in the car and remote. I remember the car lasting about 30 mins, then another 5-10 mins at slow speeds.

Um, I'm a little confused here. The car AND the controller use AA batteries? But you're looking at that Tenergy NiMh pack? Is the AA battery holder removable?
Sorry for the confusion.

The controller uses 6 AA batteries.

The car uses both 4 AA batteries, and a NiMh battery pack.

Right now, I had 10 new AA batteries.

But I don't have the NiMh battery pack charger anymore. So I couldn't tell if the car ran anymore, because the battery pack had been discharged after these many years of non-use.

Yesterday, I purchased this online:

A 3800 mAH battery pack, and a wall battery pack charger. The new battery pack is the same size as the discharged one I currently have in my car, so it should fit in the same compartment area.

Thank you for your thoughts on whether I had too much battery corrosion too. I had cleaned up as much as I could before taking the pics.