RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio Shack Tsauro-X.
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 08:02 PM
nuraman00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob

[COLOR=#000][FONT=arial]

Yeah, they look fine to me, but if they're 22yrs old, the rubber has probably gotten kinda brittle. Go with 'em until we figure out if we can get the car going.

[COLOR=#000][FONT=arial]

So, this car came with a "stick" radio? Hmmm...well, if it's 22yrs old, I suppose that's fairy typical. As I said before, changing radios won't necessarily give you that capability. The car is not really designed for doing spins. It has a longer wheel base that the ones you show doing spins. Look up the Tamiya Wild Willy for an example of what you may be looking for.

Have you ever used a pistol radio? THe kind with a throttle trigger and a wheel for steering. Much more intuitive IMO. But whatever your comfortable with.

[COLOR=#000][FONT=arial]

Please don't take my questioning your choice of RC entertainment, or the car in question, as a put down. I understand your attachment to the car and that it has big sentimental value to you. So I'm perfectly willing to try an help you out. This forum is for hobby grade cars, and there is a forum here at RCU for "RC Toys". However, since the Moderators haven't seen fit to move this thread, no big deal, let's see what we can do for ya.
Here's a pic of the remote:

Yes, a stick radio.

I see, the length of the car is a factor in whether it can do spins. I just seemed to remember in the commercials for RC cars that I saw in the 90s, it seemed that remotes that had two vertical controls could do spins, while remotes that had one horizontal, one vertical like mine, could not.

And just like the the video for that Nikko vaporizR, to make a car spin, one would press one vertical control up, and the other down.

I can't find too many videos right now of cars doing spins, maybe I'm not searching for the right thing, or maybe people with those cars just didn't upload too many videos of such maneuvers. So I don't remember if it was only small base cars that spun, and not longer base cars.

I think there might have been some longer base car that spun, but since I can't remember the exact model, it's just speculation.

The spinning thing is just something I wish I had asked about when I got this car, so I could know that it couldn't be done. I just thought at the time that most cars could do it.

Yes, I've also used a pistol radio. One of the cars I had before this Tsauro-X did have a throttle trigger, and a wheel for steering. That car was definitely a toy one, at that time.