RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 12-08-2015, 03:38 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Gosh, I suspect there are lots of reasons these folks want to join a club.
Really?????
Then why if all these people that might want to join a club Don't? There 170% more people flying some sort of R/C not in clubs than there are in all of the AMA? Every time I meet someone buying some sort of Flying R/C Toy I ask where they fly and about 2 out of 3 always say. OH down in this basin or out in the desert or in some park or on my farm, ETC. Then I ask them if they know about any of the many local R/C Clubs and fields. Maybe half do but will say we have more fun where we don't have to follow rules or They don't like us cause they've heard clubs are snotty, or another one it costs too much and i can fly (U Name it) for FREE. Again Just asking.
You gotta stop hangin around those hobby shops talking up strangers dude...... I'm pretty sure there might be as many if not more people flying by themselves or at places other than "ama" clubs. It's a personal choice I suppose. Our geographic locations might have something to do with it. Here in New England there isn't a lot of open field area, or desert one can pop off to and have some flying time. Lots of homes and strip malls and factories and Dunkin Donuts have taken up lots of space. As for rumors about clubs, well I suppose that's something that happens everywhere. I heard the same about clubs here too...even experienced it once at a club I visited with my son. I brought my son down to check the place out and you would have thought I was going to rob the place, they were rude as could be. And they were on town property as well, acting as if they owned the joint. I joined another club, and that club today continues to lose membership and wonders why they aren't growing. Not friendly, and anti heli as well. Guess how they feel about MR.