RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio Shack Tsauro-X.
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 02:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for making your own vs a RTR
as you don't have a ass ton of parts laying around like some of us do here go RTR
If you start assembling a RC piece by piece you will sometimes be 2X-4X over what a comparable RTR would cost, and not have any issues getting parts, and it will more then likely work 1000X better. This is coming from someone that used to assemble monstrosities every few weeks out of a pile of spare parts even when I had a pile of spares I would sometimes have to buy $50-80 in parts to make it work, and this is not counting electronics for it.

As for that track size it depends smaller ones are generally more technical, for drifters, or smaller scale vehicles. For example the hobby shop that went under by me a few years back put in a track for 1/24th-1/32nd scale vehicles. If you want to compare it to a 1/10th scale vehicle my on road car was wider then the lanes, or my one truck would be like 1/6th the track itself.

My guess is looking at the track size, and that its on a table is it is for Kyosho Mini Z's (which those damn things are EXPENSIVE for their size) like the track my ex LHS had but those tracks are way bigger. Was gonna buy one to race at the shop, but back then they were like $200 for the car alone +$100 for the radio, and battery, and charger were extra(I got nauseated looking at the price).

And if you are curious yes the kyosho mini z would be hobby grade even though its tiny as hell. Basically what makes hobby grade hobby grade is the ability to swap parts out, and customize it. Like if you break a part you can replace it, or if you don't like the electronics you can change them out, or upgrade them.

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 12-10-2015 at 02:32 PM.