RCU Forums - View Single Post - 8th Scale Aviation's, "CzechMate" Short-kit, Group build
Old 12-13-2015, 03:35 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MFLOOD3800
Just ordered my Tsunami (515) from Tim. Looking forward to a winter build project.
All the changes are appreciated and help in some of my decisions. Thx for the details
My pleasure, Marty!

It is difficult to know how much to break the process down. But, Airraptor did ask Tim to ask me to try to give a little more detail in my build notes, so that G-Man would be able to build his easier, beings I guess he doesn't have a lot of building experience from kits. I'm trying to strike a balance between easy readability, yet sufficient detail for inexperienced builders. Hopefully, I am able to show just how easy (and in my opinion, MORE FUN) it is to build one of these kits. Eric has never built a kit before, and he is having a BLAST, and has really learned a great deal!

The real beauty is that Tim designs all his kits very similarly, from one design to the next, so the construction steps and techniques listed here apply nearly directly to any of his other designs. I would think that anyone interested in building one of these kits would feel very supported, having a lot of reference material accessible right here in the Scale Racing forum. (Tim and Jake completed the three videos documenting the step-by-step building of the TA-152 wing, Jake has had some videos detailing the build of his Me209, Tim is documenting his Bearcat build, Jeff logged some of his Tsunami build, and then there is this thread, of course.) I'd love to see Gary get his kit and start building it along with us -- along with anyone else that may be interested in this model. That way, if anyone does have questions or needs help, Tim and I can answer them by demonstrating with specific, close-up pictures we can take, and more specific directions as needed, as we build ours. In fact, I have too many weekend commitments over this holiday break, so I have to take about a 3-week break from the build, until January 9-10, when we can all get together on a weekend, again. So that gives anyone interested plenty of time to get started and caught-up with us.

I'm excited you picked up a Tsunami kit, Marty. Jeff really liked his, and they were impressive on the race course. Feel free to ask questions about the build on this thread, if you'd like; or, better yet, start a new one. Tim and I will be watching, and will be happy to help in any way we can, should you need it. I don't think you'll find it at all difficult, however -- everything has been pretty straight-forward, thus far. (I just got my hands on one of the Conquest 1 kits, too!)