RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yellow Aircraft No Longer Selling Kits
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 07:59 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Falconwings,

Thank you for the shout-out. What you said I could never say, but it's a lot more true than people would ever guess. TONS of behind-the-scenes pressure, customer advocacy, etc. There were several times when decisions were made to handle certain issues the 'easy way' but were later taken care of the 'right way'... specifically because of pressure from the down-line. I remember one time when I showed BV the F-15 metal rims in hopes to find a rubber tire that would work. Turned out BV didn't know we were using his patented brake system and I was the one who 'accidentally' tipped him off. When I reported it up-line, I was chastised for tipping him off. I let the highers-up know that I wouldn't be involved with repping any company or product that conducted itself like that. I personally apologized to BV and Y/A started paying royalties. I'm not saying they wouldn't have anyway, but I wouldn't have sold another unit until they did. As you said, the ownership never posted a single thing online. From the instant the internet hit the scene, it was guys like me who made an online presence for the brand.