RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who cares about $5 and a number, what's the next step?
Old 12-15-2015, 08:48 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tdaffy
but....so do the FAA codes and rules weigh more importantly than AMA? If yes, then what's the point of the AMA membership/fees? If the FAA says I'm legal to fly...then who cares what the AMA thinks. If the FAA does NOT overrule the AMA, then what's the point in abiding with the FAA if my AMA membership excludes me from it?
It's not about the weight of the codes and the rules.

You don't appear to be clear on what the FAA requires, and what the AMA provides. They are two different things. You need one, but not the other in order to legally "fly". Get the reg, then go off on your merry way to fly where and when you see fit. Want to fly at a AMA chartered field, better have your AMA card, if not you won't be flying there. As far as what the AMA provides, check out the site and the membership benefits. If you don't feel there is value in the AMA membership,don't get it. One of the biggest factors is the insurance, so if you have your own, great. The FAA however does not require or provide that.

Many people are not part of AMA and still fly and enjoy the hobby. More power to them if they are happy with, we all can't be land barons!