RCU Forums - View Single Post - How Many Will Refuse to Register?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 08:03 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The FAA hangs you with your own rope. Dont register; they dont care as they have a set of rules to handle it. Although you might come upon a FAA inspector who wants to test you, you probably will not ever see one, unless something happens; they do not have the staffing. If they come out for an incident and decide to go all out, you better have the ducks in a row. Once they set the wheels in motion they can stop it; they never break the chain. Every FAA person I have dealt with has been good; I have 3 FAA licenses. If all is going well you can joke with them; you can not joke with the TSA; that day will come now. They have no sense of humor, like yelling fire in a movie theater. Im waiting for mid Jan to register and give the AMA a little time; I figure they have a 20% chance. It would be nice if the AMA would separate model airplanes and helicopters from drones; they should have all along. I see why they want drones as it can be more dues, but it should be run as a satellite organization. I am sure it is too late.