RCU Forums - View Single Post - How Many Will Refuse to Register?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 09:10 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad Veich
The most worrisome thing I see on the various threads relating to this subject is the relatively large number of people who seem unconcerned, if not downright welcoming, of more government intrusion into their affairs. I fear we now have a generation, possibly more, of folks who have been conditioned to accept it and, scarier still, promote it. My objection is not whether the task of registering is a hardship, nor the $5 fee. My objection is that it is simply an over reach by an already bloated government that does nothing to alleviate any perceived problem and, IMHO, goes against the very principals upon which this country is founded. Granted, it is but one grievance among very many. And a relatively insignificant one in the grand scheme of things, but never the less it is one more bite taken out of our freedoms. A line needs to be drawn somewhere because, rest assured, the government is never going to willingly give up any ground that it gains and will continue to push for more control. For those of you who are unconcerned, at what point will you become concerned?
My answer is that we have problem caused by RC operated models/craft that we did not have on a large scale 10 to 15 years ago so something needs to be done, I will agree that the registration system in of itself
won't completely solve the problems we have and I don't know what will except to catch the offenders and deal with them.