RCU Forums - View Single Post - How Many Will Refuse to Register?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 09:38 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With 28 years experience of being a cop, I have run into the full spectrum of people. Those that knew they committed a violation and those that knew they committed a violation but would not admit to it. I admit, I gave out more tickets to those that were A-holes than I did those that had respect. Most of the time I handed out "Warning Notices".

When I first started flying RC, we were required to have a FCC license just like a CBer. After a few years, that requirement was dropped by the FCC.

I think those that are really against any registration are those that have something to hide. If you don't think that this registration process won't work it's way in the law enforcement looking for people that are delinquent in child support, outstanding warrants, tax dodgers, and other people of interests you are living in a dream world.

I personally don't have a problem with the registration except for the addition effort to register. But if I have a plane that flies off, hopefully someone will find it and have a way to report it and it makes it's way back to me.

However, I will hold off until the AMA gives the go ahead.

Frank